It has been quite some time since the last update and the blog post said that most watches were supposed to be sent out by end of September. Is there any news? An updated timeline would be appreciated.
Hey there, things are on track. The latest schedule and updates are always posted to this page - Pebble Shipping Timelines: Time 2, Round 2 & Index 01 | Pebble Help Center
Roughly 14,000 people have pre-ordered Round 2. It will take us about 2 months to build all pre-ordered watches. We expect to finish shipping out most pre-ordered Round 2 watches by the end of September with the remaining going out in early October.
Sorry to be cynical, but considering that shipping of PR2 hasn’t started yet (as far as I’m aware), I’m struggling to grasp how “most” of the 14,000 pre-orders can possibly be shipped within the next 9 days, as would be required for things to be “on track”.
Delays happen, but is it not perhaps time for a new update?
Fwiw Core Devices has never been anywhere close to on time for any of their hardware (with the exception of maybe the ring? I haven’t been paying close attention to when that was supposed to ship)
So I wouldn’t get your hopes up about the Rounds shipping in a timely manner.
Don’t worry I’m not, but the original shipping ETA was May, and then “production to begin” by the end of May, then it was shipping in July, then “mass production” by the end of July, and now we’re up to a nebulous “end of September”. (And yes I did just trawl through all of the blog and some Bluesky posts to find that information!)
My point is that at some point the ETA and the actual ship dates are going to line up. The current ETA seems incredibly unlikely to happen at this juncture, so it must be time to publish a new wild stab in the dark for us to cling to. ![]()
Honestly. Why double down if you’re gonna miss the deadline?
Unless @eric and team are gonna pull off a miracle and get these out in the next 8 days just tell us.
Even the new order page says estimated to ship this month. If they’re just waiting on palletfulls of Round 2s to hit the warehouse and they really will ship this month why not say so?
If it’s delayed, again why not say so? I’ll be annoyed a bit but if we slip this deadline after they double down here and on X in the past week it’ll be pretty infuriating.
They’re not doing themselves any favours behaving like this ..
Batch 1 and still waiting for the email asking for band preferences.
Same here, I was quite surprised not getting any messages over the summer.
I am batch one, and am staying optimistic!!
yes very disappointing - I don’t understand why companies (*edit: management) make decisions like this. even if they did ship on the last day of September and somehow stuck to the letter of their last schedule posting, the lack of clear updates is an obvious bad faith effort to keep sales somehow. who cares if it’s delayed? we care that we aren’t intentionally misled or manipulated.
In this case they’re basically the same
Still not a single unit shipped?
I opened this thread 9 days ago and still no change. Even if everything were on track, some update would be nice.
Well @eric confirmed they’re going to be mostly done shipping in September multiple times just in the past week or two and hasn’t said there’s a delay at this point right? There’s only 5 days left I couldn’t imagine why he wouldn’t just simply give us a quick update on if its happening or if there was another delay. Silence seems the most baffling option here. I genuinely don’t get it.
So correct me if I wrong but won’t they need to get everyone’s order confirmation sent before mass production so they have the final numbers on the size and colour of the watch?
Lets say out of the 14k orders 10k were Black 20mm and half of them changed to Silver 20mm when confirming then they wouldn’t have enough stock to send out. So if they are not in mass production yet then it would be more like end of Oct/November for shipping as they said it would take 2 months to make them all.
Iḿ totally fine with all the delays. just the communication on the Round 2 is really lacking.
I’m slowly just thinking of cancelling the order because i just dont know anything about how its going. Its comming, soom™ is a nice meme, not so good if people pre-orderd it already.
so please just give an update. even if its a “sorry, more delays you will have more info in 2 weeks”
Yeah WTF @eric , i’m really starting to get the shits up here. Being treated like a mushroom is really souring me on this whole deal, which i was super psyched for. Also starting to contemplate cancelling my preorder, especially since you totally ignored my question on Bluesky about eventual battery replacement for the PR2. Getting a shonky vibe here, mate. You should speak up ASAP.
I don’t know why you’d be so cagey with a bunch of folks who are open-source, kickstarter-funding kinda peeps, who would overwhelmingly be totally chill, if you just kept us in the fucking loop.
Yo!
Finally:
I don’t expect shouting and swearing is helpful in any possible way.
If you’re offended by the lack of information, thats kind of understandable, but may I ask for a bit of netiquette and kindness.
I don’t say the lack of communication is ok, just asking for sensible communication …